Saturday, June 7, 2008

Trials

Well, this week has certainly been one of trials, both physically and mentally. I got off two days on my training schedule, so I ran my long run Monday morning and paid for it the rest of the week. The reason for the delay was that we moved our office from Assaria to Salina over the weekend. I usually think rest is over rated, but my tune is much different today, one week later. At work, we didn't have email access all week and that poses an interesting circumstance when your work is in 19 counties. We did survive.

Then last night, our church softball team played it's last 9:30 ballgame, which didn't start until 10:00 p.m. and that's my bedtime! Needless to say, I didn't get up this morning for my long run. I just made an attempt at 6 miles and made it about 3.5 in the 90 plus degree heat and 90 plus percent humidity. It's hot and muggy and I feel crazy for not having listened to my husband's advice of just waiting to go until tomorrow. Honey, I'm sorry!

I keep telling people it's not about the single miles, but the journey I'm on, so I'll chalk this one up to a bad choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is about a month off but I hope running is going well! We were on vacation all last week and I unfortunately only got in one short 3.5 run in the fitness center of the hotel. I am repeating last week and now have exactly 9 weeks of the training schedule left with exactly 9 weeks until the race. I am glad to not be behind and can't forsee many unusual obstacles such as vacations in the way. So I am curious...what pace are you running at now? I still and "slow and steady" which is the only way I can finish runs. If I was only doing 2 miles for example I can pick up the pace but I am still pretty close to a 3 hour pace for the race. If you are running much faster than that then I am going to start trying to pick up my pace.

Happy Trails!