Wednesday, October 17, 2007

50 Things

It sounds trite, but I seriously am starting my list of things I want to do before I die. This goes along with living intentionally! I am also quite sure that this one will be a work in progress and will evolve as I do. Here goes (in no particular order)...

1. Finish visiting all 50 states with my family
2. Run a marathon
3. Complete a masters and/or doctoral degree (Just can't narrow the field)
4. Coach again
5. Perform in a musical theatre production again
6. Study all books of the Bible
7. Take dance classes again
8. Learn to play the guitar, piano and/or cello
9. Serve as a missionary in another country
10. Kiss my husband at the top of a mountain and swim together in tropical waters
11. Compile my grandmother's journals into one text
12. Write a book
13. Parasail
14. Be debt free
15. Make a quilt with my mother and sisters
16. Take vacations with my extended families
17. Pay someone else to clean my house
18. Attend a game at Allen Field House
19. Attend a Dallas Cowboys Football Game
20. Have KU basketball season tickets
21. Have a girls only retreat in a spa setting with each of my closest friends
22. Visit my Grandfather's family in Sweden
23. Go to Boston with my parents
24. Take my kids to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo
25. Master pie baking and bundt cakes like my mother-in-law

Things listed in italics are things done since I started my list.

3 comments:

ashley said...

Let me know when you want to take those dance lessons...I will sign up with you!

Carol said...

Hey Lori! I miss seeing you! What kind of dance classes are we talking, ballroom...ballet? I have always wanted to take classes myself. I am proud of you for starting your blog. Journaling use to be a great form of stress reduction for me but in the last 10 years I'm been too stressed to write! ha Anyway, you inspire me!

klmbk said...

I've had a couple people ask me what type of dance. I'm non-discriminatory. It's a great form of exercise and expression, so I'm interested in jazz, tap, hip-hop, ballet, swing, ballroom. Keith and I have taken swing and ballroom lessons, but rarely have the opportunity to use the skills learned and it's been 10 years since the lessons. My daughter's dance studio offers adult tap which I think would be a hoot, but it's on Wednesdays at 8:00 and with our church stuff, that's not a great time, so it can wait. Would love to have some fellow friends join me!