Saturday, October 27, 2007

Continued Renewal

Already, the benefits of sharing this experience with others is revealing personal reward. Thanks so much for those who've commented or sent email responses. You're being my cheerleaders.

Anyway, another new thing, or I should say revived thing, is that I'm getting up before Keith goes to work and finding my own, uninterrupted God time as I walk/jog under the blanket of stars and moonlight in the morning. The way God reveals light at that time of day is awesome to watch. When I speak of light, I speak both figuratively and literally. The moonlight that is sometimes masked by clouds or beaming so brightly to create shadows guides me as I attempt to remold the physical body after the last 6 years of pregnancy, child birth and breast feeding. However, the moonlight isn't the only guide. There are also streetlights and vehicles headlights which reveal themselves long before we'd recognize their presence in daylight. This is like God's light which presents its power to me through prayer and the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit giving me answers throughout the day. Somehow though, in the dark of night, everything has a deeper impact. I don't know whether it's the quiet before the hurried hustle of the day or the darkness created by the absence of light, but for some reason, I hear God's call for my life louder in these moments than I have since I last regularly practiced this same routine seven years ago.

It's not that I haven't had amazing moments to experience God's gifts and blessings in that time. It's just I haven't publicly acknowledged those gifts or blessings which I'm finding seems to make them more present in my mind. Some of those gifts include a new home; three beautiful, healthy children; family and friends to share them with; a vehicle that accomodates three car seats at the same time without them having to touch each other; a new job with opportunity to be in mission; renewed relationships with my siblings; and an incredible church family who is experiencing the reward of faithfulness just to name a few. God is Great! This is another testimony of my journey.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lori,
I am honored to be part of your blogging. Isn't the early morning light/darkness a great time to meet God?! THanks for your willingness to let us be a part of your journey.

ashley said...

I have always loved running in the early morning hours...definitely a spiritual time for me too. My best to you as you continue to set personal goals for yourself. Thank you so much for putting yourself out there with this blog...you are an inspiration to all who know you and I am truly blessed to be your friend.