Thursday, April 10, 2008

Insurance crime

After a long fall of waiting and anticipation, January 1, I began in a new job as Human Resources/Communications Manager. This is a nice blend of my previous experiences and allows my some opportunities for benefits administation which I've never done before. This has been a challenge thus far, learning federal regulations with the insurance industry and experiencing major frustration with all of the bureaucratic hoops small business must jump through to insure our frontline workforce in the developmental disability world. We're talking about people helping people stay in their own homes and join in our community, making (at best) $9.20 per hour. The consumers of our state are being held hostage by the rising the expenses of medical care forcing families and individuals to make choices about whether or not they can afford to continue paying for insurance. Something has to give! I just wish I had all of the answers.

No comments: