Monday, April 21, 2008

A physical challenge

I've been working to get my groove back. I know, that sounds sexy, but just ask my running partner, it's not. Last fall, I set out to get back into the running scene and thus far, it's not been an easy road. I fell in November and twisted my ankle, which took me out for three weeks. Then came our wretched slick and cold winter. Mid-February, we got serious again. Then two weeks ago, my two best friends from college put a challenge out there to train for a half-marathon and run it together on a very flat course in Wichita in September. This is just what I needed. A purpose! We found a training schedule that will help us build up to the first time run.

Then I went to the chiropractor, who told me I'd better put off running for two more weeks as my lower back is grossly misaligned. So I now am anxiously awaiting Thursday to get out and work toward achieving another thing off of my list of things to do.

I'll be journalling my experience, so I hope you don't tire of the trek.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goals really do make things so much more tangible for some reason. My best to you as you train!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Lo-Lo!!! There are very few things as fulfilling as facing your own limitations (physical, mental, spiritual...) and surpassing them!

Addie

Anonymous said...

Your goal is inspirational. Way out of my reach, but tells me I should and can get busy on the goal that is within my reach....only lacking committment. I'll keep up with your blog (I hope) and maybe I will keep up with my small goal at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up girl!!!

I have never "blogged" before ... so you're the first ....

Great way to keep in touch with folks ....

And be as philosophical as you want! It's therapeutic for sure.